Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Food Face Plate Tutorial

 This is my first tutorial with photos! If I left out something feel free to send me a message. You'll need the following supplies:Edit HTML
  1. plate (I chose white but you could do a color if you want to get funky!)
  2. pebeo ink for glass (I purchased mine at Michael's)
  3. paint brush
  4. image to transfer
  5. paper
  6. tape
  7. pencil
  8. sharpie or marker
  First pick you image. I chose this one and stretched it to fit my plate. Then print it out. You can also you a photo of a family member if you want to personalize it.
 Then flip your image over and trace it with sharpie on the back side of the paper.
 Next, scribble over your sharpie lines with a pencil making sure to cover well. This does not have to be pretty.
 Trim around your image and tape it to your plate with the right side up. (Pencil scribbles touching the plate.)
 This is a boy and girl version. You are now going to trace the image with a pencil. This will transfer your scribbles to the plate leaving a template for you to paint over.
 Remove your taped on image and you'll have the following. Notice the plate on the right is darker. I did a better job with my scribbling here.
 Paint over your lines with Pebeo Vitrea 160. You could try the Pebeo pen, but I haven't had much luck with those. If you mess up a little bit you can use a toothpick to scratch away little imperfections. Allow paint to dry 24 hours and then bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes. Ink is dishwasher safe. I wouldn't use a knife or heavy duty scouring pad on this plate just in case, but otherwise you should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment